- Sustainable& Responsible Sourcing
- Organic Certification
- Animal by-products & animal testing
- Palm Oil
We at Aromantic are determined to use raw materials sources from plants and we choose not to stock slaughterhouse by products such as gelatine, collagen, animal-based emulsifiers, and soap ingredients. Aromantic do not sell Vaseline® or paraffin-based products/mineral oils.When purchasing raw materials to be altered in our care, Aromantic will look in depth about their origins and select the best suppliers. Most of our products are vegan. We hope that this will in turn change the demands in the cosmetic industry and make organic products a standard. It is a positive cycle of change that respects nature and people and improves the ability of future generations to sustain themselves.We promote the use of synthetically produced materials where the natural equivalent would be derived from animals (e.g. vitamin A); which cannot (as it is now) be naturally produced (e.g. preservatives); or where the natural raw material is very expensive and the cost cannot be justified by the extent of its use (e.g. allantoin).Our policy on purchasing raw materials is based on a holistic perspective, which considers the products we source and stock in relation to nature and to people. Aromantic constantly monitors the market to search, demand and consequently supply more organic, natural raw, ethically sourced materials such as essential oils, vegetable oils, butter and waxes, herbs, and other raw materials.All our ingredients certified by the Soil Association (as of March 2019) are trusted to be as environmentally friendly and as natural as possible. They do no come from animal testing and they were bought from traditional communities, modern community projects or co-operatives, thus respecting human rights.The Soil Association is the UK’s largest organic certification body and has been in operation since 1946. Their certification number (GB-ORG-05), and recognisable symbol, on organic products, tells consumers that strict standards have been met in order to achieve Soil Association certification.All our ingredients certified by COSMOS Organic are sustainably sourced biodegradable ingredients and made with minimal packaging that is recyclable.We keep a close watch on the batch numbers of all our raw materials, which allows us to trace them internally from the point of delivery, storage, documentation, product information and analysis and externally through to our customers and retailers.We have had organic certification for our organic products since May 2009 and in March 2017 we successfully achieved organic certification with the Soil Association. Most importantly, we wish, through the information contained in our website and in our publications to describe exactly what our products contain and how they should be used, so that you yourself will be able to make informed choices about raw materials based on our standards, other people's and your own.Raw materials of the best quality are selected in line with our overall ethos and according to the following criteria:
- We aim to source raw materials which are as environmentally friendly and as natural as possible.
We will only sell synthetically-produced raw materials where the natural equivalent would be derived from animals (vitamin A), where they cannot be naturally produced (preservatives), or where the natural raw material is very expensive and the cost cannot be justified by the extent of its use (allantoin).
- It is our aim to sell as many raw materials that are fairly traded or are bought from community projects and co-operatives as possible, which gives producers a better deal and enables them to improve their position and have more control over their lives
- We give priority to raw materials that have been fairly traded or ethically sourced from traditional communities, modern community projects or co-operatives. This demand encourages and rewards growers to use organic and co-operative/community principles in their production, to be more ecologically aware and to ask for a fair deal when selling their produce. This, in turn, affects the cosmetics market and so consumers' awareness and demand for such products. It is a positive cycle of change that respects nature and people and improves the ability of future generations to sustain themselves.
- We prefer to use raw materials made from plant sources and choose not to stock slaughterhouse by-products such as gelatine, collagen, animal-based emulsifiers, and soap ingredients. The only animal by-products we stock are Beeswax (no bees were harmed in the harvesting of this natural product), Honey Moisturiser, Clear Xanthan Gum (we also stock an opaque version that is vegan friendly), Cera Bellina and Mikrocount Combi.
- We do not support the testing of raw materials or finished products on animals for any purpose and we welcome the European wide ban on the testing of cosmetic products and cosmetic ingredients on animals.
- Unfortunately, many ingredients have been tested on animals in the past and this historical information will appear on the safety data sheets.
- We do not sell "mineral oils" or any other petroleum/paraffin-based products